Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Pork and Rice - Cooking With The Stockpile



November 1, 2017

Heading into the lifestyle of off grid living I have been trying my best to learn how to preserve my own food, whether store bought fresh or homegrown. Many people home can but many do not and they don`t understand how I make meals with what I put into jars each year so I will do a series to show you how its done.



Since I just home canned another pork tenderloin and saved some for dinner I thought this would be a good way to show how I make meals, so easy and very fast after a hard days work, its almost instant.

Menu :

Pork tenderloin with rice

Honey carrots

Spinach

Ingredients Needed :



1- jar of home canned pork tenderloin

1- jar of home canned carrots

1- can of Spinach

1- cup of rice

1- tablespoon of Butter

Honey

Salt and black pepper

Directions :



Remove the pork from the jar into a strainer over a small sauce pan to catch the broth. Set aside the pork.


You should have one cup of broth, add one cup of water. Bring the broth to a rolling boil, add salt and black pepper and one cup of rice, boil one minute, cover with lid and turn eye setting down to low.


Drain half the liquid from the carrots and put them into a small sauce pan. Add the butter and honey to taste. I like mine sweet, you may not. Heat over medium heat till hot and bubbly.

As for the spinach I like mine as is so I just warm it.

When the rice has soaked up most of the broth and is tender add the pork tenderloin, put the lid back on and allow the rice to warm the pork. 


And that is how I make a quick dinner from home canned foods, you know what is in them because you canned them so no worries about reading the ingredients. 

Cooking does not have to be complicated or have a need for spices that you do not have or never heard of to taste good and be healthy.

You might also like : Learning to live free 


By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry



8 comments:

  1. Looks very moreish..subscribed to your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delightful! I haven't had that in years. I have to make some!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don`t cook pork and rice often, But its cooler and it will warm you.

      Delete
  3. You are right, no need to be complicated to be yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love old fashion meals, plain and simple.

      Delete
  4. That pork look delicious and so juicy! I've never heard of canned pork, I sure would like to visit your food stock room!

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...