Thursday, November 30, 2017

6 Ingredient Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies - Stove Top Cookies

Remember the good old days at school and you got the lunch and it had one of those homemade chocolate oatmeal cookies? Well, this is that exact cookie, okay they taste like candy and not cookies but they call them cookies.

This is a must cookie for Christmas! Everyone loves these, young and old. The Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies are a hit at Christmas parties as well and they are very inexpensive to make and only takes a few minutes of time.

The best part? well, beside they are delicious is that you only have one pot, a measuring cup and one spoon dirty!

They are so simple to make! Using only 6 ingredients.



You`ll Need :

2 cups of white sugar

1/2 cup of whole milk or canned evaporated milk

4 Tablespoon of cocoa

1 stick of butter ( 1/2 cup)

1 teaspoon vanilla extract

3 cups of oatmeal 



In a large cooking pot add the sugar,cocoa and the milk, mix well. Add the butter.

Over medium high heat, stirring often so not to scorch the sugar, bring the milk, sugar, cocoa and butter to a boil. 

Stirring constantly for 2 minutes.

Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract, mix well. Add the oatmeal, mix well.

Drop from a tablespoon onto foil or wax paper, they will set as they cool.

Allow to cool and store in an air tight container.

I am going to give these cookies I made tonight to my elderly friends, makes awesome gifts for those people who have everything.

These are so simple to make and it does not take much time, Put them into storage bags and into a pretty Christmas bag, or how about filling a new cookie jar with these and there ya go a gift that will last forever. Headed to the Christmas party? Take these in pretty boxes and no one will know that you spent little time on these wonderful and easy chocolate oatmeal cookies.



By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry




20 comments:

  1. My mom used to make something similar to this. She sometimes used oatmeal, but she also made them with breakfast cereal like puffed wheat. She just called hers chocolate macaroons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first time I remember eating these was in school and I loved them.

      Delete
  2. amazing as always. You should use Blog2print and make a book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a book started :) I do not know blog2print

      Delete
  3. These are nice and easy to make as you say a nice little gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had chocolate cookies, and Ive had oatmeal cookies but never before have I had a chocolate oatmeal cookie!I need to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother made these all of the time. They are one of my favorite cookies. Now, I want some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mom never made these when I was little, but she sure could bake the best cakes, her chocolate cake with the cracked icing and the strawberry shortcakes were something I will never forget, my mom died when I was 12.

      Delete
  6. This recipe is a keeper..quick and easy. Instead of sugar have you made them with Stevia?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No and I am not sure if I could since sugar is the base of the recipe.

      Delete
  7. Yummy! Chcocolate, oatmeal and cookies are three of my favorite words! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love no bake cookies, these are definitely going on my Christmas baking list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You`re welcome, they are so easy and takes just a fraction of the time baking cookies takes.

      Delete
  9. Yummy! They look so good and easy to make as well. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...