Sunday, November 5, 2017

4 Layer Mexican Dip - Cooking With A Stockpile



November 5, 2017

Heading into the lifestyle of off grid living I have been trying my best to learn how to preserve my own food, whether store bought fresh or homegrown. Many people home can but many do not and they don`t understand how I make meals with what I put into jars each year so I will do a series to show you how its done.

Lets face it we all love home cooking but we also love something not so healthy some thing we can explore flavor that is not normal down home cooking, some thing that we can easily make at home for a fraction of the price of eating out in a restaurant.

Last night I was in one of those moods, I wanted something spicy but it had to be easy as well. I took a look at the stockpile and the meal came together within a few seconds, Mexican. I have it all so I went for it.

While I can make my own tortilla chips I have not as of yet, I do have all the ingredients but time wise I have not taken any. Cheese, This I would love to learn how to make but I am not that far into the learning process of living all the way off grid, yet. So I had bought the cheese at a buy one get one free sale and the chips at the local Aldi grocery store.

What You`ll Need : 


1 - pint of hamburger meat

1/2 pint of pinto beans - mashed and seasoned

1/2 pint of salsa

Cheese

Tortilla chips


Tools : 

2 - deep bowls

A few spoons

Microwave, stove top or wood burning stove/heat



How to make Mexican Dip: 

First put 1/2 of the pinto bean mixture in the bottom.



Second layer is the meat.



Third layer is the salsa.



Top with cheese for the forth layer.



Serve with tortilla chips. 

NOTE : if you are using heat from a wood stove or stove top heat each before layering in a bowl, if you are using a microwave just heat it as a whole for about 1 minute.

Serving the 4 layer Mexican dip is so easy to make from the stockpile and very fast for those evening that you are over worked and do not feel like cooking or going out to eat.

That is how I use my stockpile. 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...