Sunday, November 19, 2017

Pineapple Coconut Pie (Pina Colada Pie) - Cooking With Angie



It is that time of the year once again when we bake for the holidays. Whether you are using old recipes are making up your own its a joy to bake and warm the house and the heart sharing the lovely sweet treats. To make life even better is to cook simple but delicious desserts, like this pineapple coconut pie.

A couple week ago I had a sweet tooth, and it was late and I did not want to go out for something, so I went on a scavenge hunt in the pantry and came up with this pineapple coconut pie. Pineapple and coconut just goes together! No special things to buy just normal foods in the pantry.

Now lets get to cooking!

You will need :

1/2 stick of butter

1 1/2 cup of self rising flour

1 cup of milk

2/3 cup of sugar

1 tablespoon Vanilla extract

2 - 8 ounce cans of crushed pineapple

1 - cup of coconut

Lets cook! :

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Put butter in a 9 x 13 inch cooking pan and put into the hot oven for the butter to melt while mixing the rest.

In a large mixing bowl add the sugar and flour, mix. 

Next slowly add the milk stirring each time making sure there are no lumps.

Add vanilla and mix well.

Remove the hot pan with the melted butter from the oven, carefully pour the batter into the pan with the butter.

Remove the lids from the cans of pineapple and spoon evenly over the batter, juice too. 

Cover the pineapple with the coconut by dropping it by hand over all the top, covering the entire top.

Bake at 375 degrees till the edges are golden brown, about 30 minutes.

And that is how to make my homemade pineapple coconut pie.




Have you ever created your own recipes in a pinch? To add more color and of you have them on hand, place cherries across the top, arranging so that each serving will get their own cherry. Next time I make this pineapple coconut pie it will have cherries on top!



By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry



20 comments:

  1. Love coconut and pineapple. Will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum..Angie..Love the sound of this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm already sold on pineapple and coconut but do have a quick question. Have you tried substitute ingredients for this recipe. Like mango instead of pineapple OR crush pecans instead of coconut? Just wondering. The recipe seems so easy I think I could go crazy with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope its brand new fresh out of my brain, have a go at it.

      Delete
  4. I love making up recipes, sometimes it ends up being a recipe you use over and over! This pie sounds delicious, I am a huge fan of pineapple and coconut. Maybe you should call it the pina colada pie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think about that, I might just do that thanks for the suggestion.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Ohhhh, you should taste it, especially while it was hot.

      Delete
  6. This sounds good and easy. I'm pinning this for when I'm in the mood for pineapple and coconut. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks delicious, and the recipe seems so easy to follow! I can't wait to try it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you liked it, thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. This looks amazing! I love coconut and pineapple and will give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! It is so good, lasted one night at this house,

      Delete
  10. I bookmarked this recipe and really have to make it. Shared on my FB timeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet you will love it! Thanks for the share.

      Delete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...