Monday, January 29, 2018

One Skillet Breakfast Hash - Cooking With Angie



To me breakfast can get boring. Always just the same old same old food. I don`t know about you but to eat the same breakfast day after day just won`t do.

This is one of my favorite breakfast meals. I learned how to partially make this when I was a young and moved around a lot, I had a friend in Tennessee and she showed me how to make this hash, over the years I added a few things and made it even better.

You Will Need :

2 Tablespoons of butter

1 - Medium size potato - sliced thin 

1/4 cup diced onion

1 large egg

A sprinkle of - Garlic powder and Salt 

1- slice of American cheese

1/4 cup Salsa

How to Cook Breakfast Hash

Heat a small Skillet (I use iron) over medium high heat, add the butter and allow to melt and get bubbly.

Add the potato and cook till half done, you will see the edges turning light brown. 



Add the chopped onion and cook till the onion are done and by that time the potatoes should also be cooked.




Move the potatoes and onion to one side of the skillet and add the egg. Scramble the egg and incorporate it into the potatoes and onions.


Sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder and salt, stir.

Remove from heat.



Break off pieces of the American cheese slice and lay on top and allow to melt.

Top with salsa and enjoy.



Now that is how I make my one skillet breakfast hash. Its easy and fast and only one skillet to wash up. 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry



10 comments:

  1. HASH is a personal favorite of mine. It is great for cleaning out the fridge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very appetizing breakfast, this recipe is new for me, would like to try to cook it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that looks and sounds delicious Angie. I agree with you sometimes you just need to change it up a bit. thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...