Tuesday, December 12, 2017

4 Easy No Bake Sweet Treats



I know that it is just about a couple of weeks before Christmas but many of us bakers have to prepare because that is what we give, the labor of out love as gifts. For the most part you can make kids happy with candy or cookies anytime and that elderly person that has everything always enjoys sweet treats as gifts.

I really love a fast and easy way to make sweets without turning on the oven and pulling out the flour so I am going to share a few recipes I have learned along the way from many different cooks that has been in my life at one time or another.

#1 - Black and Whites


 You`ll need :

Saltine crackers
White chocolate - bark or morsels
Milk chocolate or semi sweet- bark or morsels 
Peanut Butter
Wax paper

Take two crackers and put a thin coat of peanut butter inside. Make up as many as you want. 

Melt Milk chocolate in microwave, stirring each minute till melted. 

Dip one side into the chocolate and lay on wax paper to cool.

Melt white chocolate in microwave, stirring each minute till melted.

Dip the other side in the white chocolate and lay on wax paper to cool.

Store in ziploc container.

#2 Chocolate covered peanuts and raisins


 You`ll need :

Raisins 
Roasted peanuts
Milk Chocolate or semi sweet - morsels or bark
wax paper

Line two baking dishes with wax paper. On one pour raisins and smooth them out to make a single later, do the same with the peanuts in a separate dish.

Melt Chocolate in microwave, stirring each minute till melted.

Pour over raisins and peanuts. 

Let cool completely. 

Break into pieces and store in a ziploc container.

#3 Butterscotch drops

 You`ll need :

Butterscotch morsels
1/2 cup of peanut butter
1 cup roasted peanuts, chopped

Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.

Melt butterscotch morsels in the microwave, stirring after a minute. repeat till melted.

Add peanut butter and peanuts. Mix thoroughly . 

Drop from spoon to make little round mounds.

Chill for one hour. Store in a ziplic container.


There ya go! a few of my quick fix crowd pleasing sweet treats. 

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry





12 comments:

  1. These look yummy. I have get on the ball and start baking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, this week is cookie week for me.

      Delete
    2. Next week fudge and cookies

      Delete
    3. I am going to try to get the cookies made, I am not feeling well today.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Andria, I need something easy to make and these fit the bill perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I plan on making the black and whites this year for my portion of the candy and cookie making that my daughters and I do together. I've never had them with saltines and will use Ritz crackers.

    I sure like the idea of the butterscoth drops though as I love butterscotch! I usually just buy myself a bag of butterscotch chips just to eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being a bad Diabetic I ate some of the chocolate baking chops the other night, don`t tell anyone :) I have found the salt and the sweet pair great together.

      Delete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...