Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Bass With Lime Butter - Cooking With Angie

Last night we decided on fish for dinner and I am bored with the same old same old fried fish so I did mine differently while frying for the others.

I used Bass, we have lakes that have many types of Bass but the Bass I used was Large Mouthed Bass and they were pond caught, that makes them much healthier than  river caught. 

What and How :

I used 4 medium size fillets

3 tablespoons of butter - separated

1 lime

Seasoned salt

Garlic powder 

Black Pepper



In a skillet over medium high heat I put one tablespoon of butter and the four bass fillets, sprinkled the season salt, garlic powder and black pepper over the top.



I allow them to cook around one minute and I flipped them. And cooked them another two minutes.

Remove the Bass onto a serving plate.

I added two tablespoons of butter to the skillet and the juice of one lime, I stirred scrapping the bottom to remove the seasonings/ goodies. I cooked till it was becoming creamy. 

Pour over the Bass and enjoy!

That is easy and fast! And such powerful flavor!



Need to know how to clean the Bass? 

Click here for more : How to clean bass   

Each year we try to catch enough fish to last through the winter into the next Spring, I will vacuum bag them to assure no freezer burn and sealing them seems to preserve the freshness. For the most part we do not eat the fish from the nearby river, it has so much pollution that I feel its not safe to fish, eat the fish and keep them or to even go swimming. If I fish for food I will go to private lakes and private ponds, however, I will fish in the Tallapoosa river because at this time I feel its safe to consume fish. Here in Alabama we have so many nice places to fish and the fish is clean. 


By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I love fish, I could live with it as my only protein.

      Delete
  2. Lovin this recipe Angie..Bass is one of my favourite fish and very plentiful here :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That look delicious! I love fish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is something delightful about pan fried Bass caught by the person frying it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that looks amazing. It sounds like something I would love to eat.

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...