Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much




Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carried away with the fats and sodium.

If you have a health problem like diabetes or high blood pressure you seriously need to know what you are eating. 

While I am all for cooking with fresh and raw ingredients, I am not perfect and I will take that chili dog if offered or I will make my own at home.

I want to show you how many calories, how much fat, how much sodium and how much sugar is in a dish you make.

I will do it with canned food and fresh foods, lets make vegetable soup with hamburger!



We Will Use :

2 fresh Potatoes peeled and cubed 
163 calories each = 326 calories
.04 grams fat
26 grams sodium
3.4  grams sugar

1 fresh onion peeled and sliced - 
44 calories
0.5 grams fat
4 grams sodium
4.7 grams sugar

2 carrots sliced 
30 calories = 60 calories 
0.4 grams fat
100 grams sodium
6.8 sugar



Can Goods :

1 Can Green Beans - Drained
53 calories
0 fat
1015 grams sodium
3.5 grams sugar

1 Can Corn -drained
245 calories
3.5 grams fat
1050 grams sodium
12 grams sugar

1 Can diced tomatoes with juice
87 calories
0 fat
630 grams sodium
10.5 grams sugar

8 Oz.  Hamburger Meat
523 calories
27 grams fat
198 sodium
0 sugar

Now, lets add up those numbers!

Makes 9 1/2 Cups 

Total calories = 1338
Total Fat = 31 grams
Total sodium = 3023 grams
Total sugar = 41 grams



Now, how much per serving of 1 cup?

Calories = 141 calories
Fat = 3.4 grams
Sodium = 319 grams
Sugar = 4.5 grams

That is how I keep on track with how many calories I take in each day being on a 1200 calorie diet, low sodium and sugar. Sometimes it take a few minutes to figure up the amounts but well worth it in the end. 

By Andria Perry
Photos By Andria Perry & pixabay







3 comments:

  1. This is impressive! I need to focus more on my food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am trying to get the best bang for my calorie :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...