Saturday, February 10, 2018

Banana Oat Bars - Easy and Gluten Free - Cooking With Angie


I do not know how I came about this recipe but when I was flipping through a stack of the single recipes laying in a pile I seen this recipe for Banana oat bars, but there was not a name for this recipe, just the recipe. So, I named it what it seems it should be, Banana oat bars.

And since the doctor told me to drop 20 pounds, again, I figured I need to eat somewhat healthier ...... add "the smushed face here," I decided to try these late last night when I was dying for something sweet. 

I did not have the three regular size bananas called in the recipe BUT I did have two huge bananas and they worked out just fine. 

You`ll need :

3 medium mash bananas (I used two huge bananas)

1/3 cup applesauce (I used my home canned applesauce)

2 cups of oats (I used Quaker quick oats)

1/4 cup of almond milk (I use blue diamond)

1/2 cup raisins (optional, I used them)

1 teaspoon vanilla flavor

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Agave Nectar

How to make :

Preheat over to 350°

Spray a 9 x 11 baking pan with Pam.

In a large bowl add all the ingredients and spread in baking pan.

Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. (17 minutes was good for me)

Remove and cut into bars.

Over each serving drizzle agave nectar and enjoy!




This is not just gluten free but no sugar added and also vegan!  I must say, its very different and SOOOO good!

I was thinking and some sliced almonds would be nice added too.

By Andria Perry
Photos by Andria Perry











10 comments:

  1. This is a recipe I'd like to try. Pinning it for later. Good luck losing the pounds. I'm managing to refrain from gaining but I also need to lose some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have kept off the 10 pounds I lost last year!

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing! Adding to my things to try list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mouth is drooling reading this recipe. Thanks for sharing Andria.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks so easy and deliciously healthy!

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...