Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Unpizza Pizza With Gravy - Cooking With Angie


Its been a while since I had to create a meal and I have to say I got this one from a couple people, well the idea and then I tossed all of it together and made a meal for my cancer patient.

The treatments makes it hard for him swallow and he gets a lot of acid on his stomach so here goes.....

What you`ll need :

1- package pizza crust mix - deep dish

1 - can of mushrooms sliced

1 - package of mozzarella cheese

1/2 bell pepper chopped

1/2 onion chopped

1/2 pound cooked hamburger meat, scrambled

1/2 teaspoon Italian season

1/2 teaspoon Garlic powder

Flour

Salt


Lets make the unpizza pizza :

Prepare the crust using the directions on the package. 

Open the mushrooms and pour into a strainer to drain.

In a skillet cook the hamburger meat over medium heat with the bell pepper and onion. Season with the Italian seasoning and garlic. 

Remove the cooked meat mixture to a paper towel to drain off the grease.

With the grease leftover from the meat mixture add the flour and make a rue for the gravy, cook till light brown. Add enough water to make it thick, sprinkle with salt. Set aside.


To make the unpizza apply cheese first, straight to the crust. then add the meat mixture, top with mushrooms and then top with a generous amount of cheese. 

Bake at 400° for around 10 minutes or till the cheese is lightly brown.

Cut and serve with a bowl of the gravy. 

How to eat :

Slice the unpizza in this slices and dunk the unpizza into the gravy and enjoy!

Now how did I come about this dish?

The nurse keeps saying " if you eat bread, soak it in gravy." and "do not eat tomato products."

Tony wanted pizza so he told me to make one with no sauce.

This is what I got and he loved it.


You may also like Cabbage and Corned beef 

By Andria Perry
Photo By Andria Perry

10 comments:

  1. Oh, my gosh, this unpizza with gravy sounds awesome! I'm sorry you have a cancer patient, but lucky him that you're a creative cook. Wishing Tony well, and thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is different and pretty good even if I do say so.

      Delete
  2. I'm definitely going to try this. It's a new dish to me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds delish!!! I must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very creative Andria. This sounds yummy. Pizza or not.

    ReplyDelete

Cooking With Angie - Know How Much

Being healthy is not an easy thing to do nowadays when everything is fast or fried. Even making fresh food at home we can get carri...